To my Dairy...

Sunday, July 24, 2005


These are the Lungren Girls.
Left to Right: Holly, myself, and Heather


It seems impossible how quickly life progresses, almost to the extent that I cannot keep up with it; yet, humanity encourages one to embrace each moment or event. Last night, my sister and I stayed up way to late talking, and because I have been so busy, and therefore so tired at the end of each day, I had forgottten how nice it is to have someone listen to you and vice versa.
My sister, and I, both realized that this time together was unique because it would be one of the last, for a while. Holly (my sister) will be leaving in less than a month for her briefing/training for her upcoming year in Morocco. She will be doing missions there for one year (as of right now). We talked about almost everything, it seemed; transition, spirituality within us and our family, pain and sickness within our family, friends, fears, "to-do lists," and the conflicts we, as christians must face, even though it may bring forth isolation, disappointment, and anger.
My family is very close-knit; all the aunts and uncles live in the same town, and have grown up depending on eachother's humor, company, and dependability. We both found out yesterday that my dearest Grandmother has an unknown object, most likely a tumor, on her kidney. My frustration landed in the fact that my family had known this information for several days, but the day that grandma's status was revealed, my grandpa was told that his lungs were flooded, and there was also a foreign object within his lungs, possibly cancer. I thought, how ironic that they, healthy and very active, both randomly found and identified this sickness inside there bodies on the same day. All I know is that I love them so veryy much, and I, as their grandchild and friend, am now a prayer warrior for them. In hearing this tragic information about people so near to my heart, I would expect to be sad, discouraged, and worthless, but I unconsciously realized that I had no reaction of fear at all, but of optimism, boldness, and a peace.
Tomorrow, I leave for what is going to be an incredible week at Dayspring (a camp that enables me to refocus and aim my life in the right direction). Each year this week reveals to me different things about myself, my friends, my intentions, fears, dreams, and future. This year is unique though because myself and both of my sisters will be there at the same time together. I have a feeling that something special is going to occur. Therefore, I end this with hope that peace is brought to my family, fear is eliminated, and faith that I will be able to recognize and embrace every moment, feeling, and experience life offers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home