THE FAB FIVE
(These are the girls I've grown up with. We've been buds since pre-school)-Pretty cool that we have been friends all this time and have never argued or anything. God's grace and place in these friendships is so relevant! (left to right: Jill, Hannah, me, Sara, not pictured, Allison)

Life is soooo weird.....
I had just returned from by best friend, Jill's, house, and yes, this does not sound out of the ordinary, but that evening was the last time we will be together in this way , just hanging out, talkin, being crazy, ohh just the usual. I unfortunately realized that things will not be the same from now on as we depart for school. Two different lives on two different paths.I was born and raised in the same town, the same house, the same school, and with the same friends. It is so awkward to feel so vulnerable and out of control, yet, this thought makes me realize that I AM out of control, and the great "I Am," has got my back. As I left her house, it seemed as though I had never used the word "bye," in its true context, or like it didn't even exist in my vocabulary. One might agree that in every goodbye there is a beginning, one I have yet to experience. Such a transition seems so bittersweet.
I was thinking last night and realized one thing I long for in my relationship with everyone, and I fear might not be easy to create: trust. Until now, I had never really taken into consideration how important it is to me, and how I truly long for it. I believe trust within a friendship/relationship is so complex but vital. It means that I can depend on that person to always want what is best for me, and to protect me physically and emotionally. Trust and security , therefore, go hand in hand. I want more than anything for someone to feel as though they can trust me with their thoughts and emotions and that I will never use those actions in any way to harm them, rather I will protect that person by cherishing their willingness to share. I believe wholeheartedly that people are therefore only able to depend 100% on God, because He IS trustworthy, and loves us soo much that he will never harm us or let us face anything we can't handle. You may have heard that saying before, but I have just decided that I don't agree with it, or maybe its wording should be altered. He will never force us to endure something that can destroy who we are and who we can become, but WITH Him all things are possible, so therefore, we are not alone; He is with us, and with Him as my guide and example, I can do or handle anything.
Wow, I think that was my deep thought for tonight. May you be blessed by what tomorrow brings!!

1 Comments:
Heidi, it's great to know that there are other Christians in the program. It's very true that He's got all of this already figured out, so we don't have too much to worry about. :) If you're looking for a church around here, let me know. Kristen and I both attend the same one and it's about 20 minutes away.
Post a Comment
<< Home