To my Dairy...

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

So it's been truly interesting to see how volunteering has brought forth many other opportunities and also has opened up my heart and personality to the people around me. My mother had seen my dentist, Audrey Crawford, back in Grove; Audrey is actually the person who encouraged me to go into the dental field, and do dental hygiene instead of dentistry....for now at least. Audrey has also been a sort of 2nd mom. My best friend of my childhood is her niece, so let's just say that Audrey has been with me through all kinds of ruckus...including my teeth.
Well my mom had mentioned that I was volunteering at the community clinic here in Joplin and mom shared my first blog with her. Audrey then emailed me and pretty much threatened me with my life, to come back to Grove and work for her after I graduate...... that's Christian huh?! HA! Just kiddin'. But Audrey and her husband travel 4-5 times per year overseas to Israel and set up a free dental clinic, where they obviously, also share the gospel, so that their ministry is by service and word. She invited me to go with them next time, perhaps over the summer. She also plans to share my blog with her staff at their next staff meeting. I thought to myself, what an honor!? This dentist office is elite.....seriously; they provide the most elite and up-to-date care and technology in the area. So there is one bit of information.
I also started another kind of side-volunteer job. At church, I will be acting as a "youth pastor," for middle school and high school youth. One Wednesday, I had a group of about 10 "middle-schoolers." Let's just say that I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO thankful that God did not call me to education because, my patience was tested. I was very interesting to see what this kids deemed as "respective" behavior. It was absurd. Honestly, they were obnoxious and terribly rude. It was sad to me. I was really troubled by their personna and their spirits, and their great efforts to be heard and be seen as comical. I am really going to have to pray about my ministry there because....
"my momma didn't raise no fool. i don't deal with that." HAHAHA!
But that is the truth. I was taught discipline and I aim to enforce discipline with love. It is all constructive. I pray that I can serve these youth. Honestly, it's going to take a miracle.....a breakthrough.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home