To my Dairy...

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Around every four months or so, I send out an "Update Email" to friends and family etc etc. SO, I spent like NINER years typin it up tonight, so here it is on my XANGA as well. Call me lazy if you want, but there are a few deep thoughts here on there. IT's super long for a xanga entry, but oh well. Here you go!
Hi-D's 1st Update of 2006!!

Well, How-D from Hi-D everyone! 2006 is here and has a lot of things in store, just as 2005 has passed and been stored in my memory. So, I will continue to enclose some super fun/exciting news and facts from the past semester and explain my plans for the next. 1 semester down, 7 to go. The countdown has begun! Pathetic eh?

Ok, so after a glorious graduation from GHS, and a superb summer in G-Town, I embraced life as a college student at Missouri Southern in Joplin. Ironically, MOSO (Missouri Southern) was completely erased from my list of colleges to even research, but as usual, God had something else in store and provided an extraordinary opportunity. Aside from my previous expectations, MOSO had and offered EVERYTHING I desired. Therefore I attained a hefty 17 hours as a student and member of the Honors College. Let's just put it this way, AP classes and any accelerated classes I took in my previous education DID NOT EVEN compare to that which I soon faced. Honestly, I feared that my level of discipline and performance would not be enough for the grade I desired. Thankfully, I have succeeded in my studies this semester, and I must state that I have never been so proud of myself; excuse my informality, but I worked my butt off. My work ethic, brain power, amibition, and knowledge has never been challenged in such an incredible way. BUT, as many of you would know, I hate the fact that school is too often my life's focus/priority, SO, I'll move on.

My social life at school. Hmm. At the beginning it was a little ruff to say the least, but God had me in His hands, AND He had his plans for me. I live on campus in a dorm suite (which by the way is absolutely fantastic/super nice). I have come to the conclusion that God just loves seeing me uncomfortable and placed in circumstances that would DEFINITLY NOT be MY idea of easy or expected.
My roommates and I led/lead TOTALLY different lives, have opposite ambitions, family backrounds, spiritual beliefs, social activities.... just about EVERYTHING. All I could think was "that's it Big Guy (God). this is NOT what I was expecting?!?!" Again, God has something else in store and I don't find it coincidental that my room number is 316. Life throughout the semester was definitly interesting and eventful to say the least (haha), but God has shown me to love in a different way than I ever have... to truly love for the differences.

THANKFULLY, God has also blessed me with some of the bestest, most awesomest, WAY too cool 4 school, GODLY friends! (they are worth the superb grammar usage.. ha) For real, they were the ABSOLUTE answer to my prayers. My membership in the Honors College surrounded me with people with similar ambitions, discipline, values, focus, beliefs, work ethics, etc etc. Within this organization, I have befriended 5 girls who are the super duper COOLEST cats ever. I had never expected to be blessed with such friendships so quickly... I'm truly left speechless.

In fact, 4 girls came home with me midway through the semester.... otherwise, it was COLD-around 45 degrees approximately. Naturally, we went out AND IN the lake tubing, skiing, wakeboarding, jet-skiing for around 5 hours. Needless to say, we all carried rolls of toilet paper (a college student's Kleenex) the next week. Then a few weeks later, we had a SPA Night, a pool, pac-man, and ping pong tournament. Then we did a Christmas Scavenger hunt in December (got the pics to prove it!) As you can tell, they have made all the trials and difficulties I've faced worth it! All the laughs overshadow any stress or frustration any day!

Yes, I have been wonderfully blessed, but at the same time, I have faced a lot of sorrow. I have come to understand that the Devil will ALWAYS try to counteract anything we do/receive for Christ. Last spring, I was blessed to go on a mission trip to Mexico- probably one of the biggest events in my spiritual life. Therefore, I began my semester very much anticipating a planned trip to that same site the 3 week of Decemeber, and then a Honduras mission trip in the spring. Well Thursday night (the night before my last and most important final), I found out that my anticipation was worthless- I would not be able to attend either trip. (If you know me very well, you know that I don't cry..... like ever.) Let's just say, a LOT of tears were shed that night.
Then, on my return home, I remembered or was forced to recognize the fact that my family would not be complete this holiday. Honestly, I could care less about the gifts, I don't care if I didn't/wouldn't get anything, just as long as I was with my family. Because of her absence, I noticed that my parents' schedules were busy and more things were just being added... I think to make it easier on them.
My family and I did 3 services Christmas Eve, and 3 services Christmas morning. All I wanted for Christmas.... was A NAP!!!!!!!
But again, sorrow struck. A good friend of many, Cody Tully, was shockingly killed in a car accident. Coincidently, I was on the road, that night, at the exact same time, but I was on the Turnpike while he was on the highway that goes through Seneca...... both of us on our way home from Joplin. This fact struck my hard. I was shocked. BUT, ever so often in life, we don't know the reasons WHY.... that question is dominant in our thoughts. It is then, that we must have faith and trust, that God has a plan and has His arms WIDE OPEN.
As I think back on 2005, I can think of COUNTLESS times that I was left with only the question WHY. I always sought an answer. My frustrations would increase when no clarification/explanation was given right when I needed it. God was telling me to just TRUST Him, and "seek first, the kingdom of God, and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you."
SO, That is my New Years Resolution: to seek FIRST, FIRST FIRST!!!!!!! HiM!- NOT my own personal comfort or satisfaction.
My time here at home has been SOOOO much of a blessing. I've spent LOTS of times with my friends, also known as the Fab 5. 6 months of separation and we still are bonded together in love and faith. That friendship is truly beautiful. We said goodbye to our Jill though. She is/has moved to the country of Cyprus for six months where she will be attending a school called Gateway (ministries). "A friend loves at all times," in times of hardship, togetherness, and separation.

2006 is here with many good times ahead. You know what's funny about those good times...."they are just waiting to happen." but in fact, good times ALWAYS become the "great oldies" we instill in our memory. "You never see the hard days in a photo album, but it's those hard days that get us from one happy picture to another."
So, here is the life of Heidi Lungren. I do ask that you continue prayer for my sister Holly as she is answering God's call for her life, overseas. Please pray for my friend Jill as she joins Holly in furthering the Kingdom of God in a similar way.
Thank you sincerely for all of your support and friendship. I look forward to seeing how God will shape our futures and what kind of unknown paths he will lead us on.

ToOdLeS!
>Heidi Lou<

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home