To my Dairy...

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Homework..........



It's back.
It's nasty.
It's lengthy.



ARRRGGGG!

So I'm reading a super de duper awesome book called Captivating. (again)
If you haven't read it......
DO, for the love of donuts!!!!!!!!!!
Therefore, I think I'll post a few of my favorito quotes... and you know, I could explain why I found each of the statements relevant or personally significant, BUT that would probably 1. not be interesting 2. too personal for xanga 3. take WAY to long 4. just a bad idea. Here you go!
"Then the time came when the risk it took to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."
"Oh, we know the expectations that have been laid upon us by our families, our churches, and our cultures. There are reams of materials on what you Ought to do to be a good woman. But that is not the same thing as knowing what the journey toward becoming a woman involves, or even what the goal really should be."
"Every woman I've ever met feels it- something deeper than just the sense of failing at what she does. An underlying, gut feeling of failing at who she is. I am not enough, and, I am too much at the same time."
"I will find you. No matter how long it takes, no matter how far- I will find you."
"I longed to be a part of something large and good; something that required all of me; something dangerous and worth dying for."
"Not 'safe' or 'nice' women, not merely 'sweet', but passionate and powerful women who were
beautiful as warriors."
"Sometimes the idea of living like a hermit appeals to all of us. No demands, no needs, no pain, no disappointments. But that is because we have been hurt, are worn out. In our heart of hearts , that place where we are most ourselves, we don't want to run away for very long."
"She was a little girl in all her glory, unashamed in her desire to delight and be delighted in."
"Their young hearts intuitively want to know they are lovely."

Well, there are some super good quotes for today. Some'll make you think. Some hit the spot. Some encourage personal discovery or recognition.
So..... search, discover, and claim.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home